Scientific American. Volume 3, numero 8, s. 64
This is a beautiful pigment surpassing all other green paints. It was discovered by M. Sattler in France, in 1814, who made it very profitable until 1822, when M. Liebeg, the celebrated German chemist, published an account of its composition.
The way to make it is, 8 parts of arsenous acid, 10 parts of verdigris, the latter being diffused through water at 120, and passed through a sieve when it is then mixed with the arsenic and set aside to incorporate for a few days. It is a rank poison.